Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bring Vocabulary Lessons to Life

In the last few weeks I discovered a cool new Web 2.0 tool that could really enhance teaching vocabulary.  Wordia was developed to "bring words to life" through video representations of various words.  How does it work?  Website visitors can search a word and then watch uploaded videos representing the word.  In addition, users with an account can also upload their own videos.

Wordia also has a separate school section where a school can have its own space to house videos.  I just requested a school account and am waiting on approval.  Creating Wordia videos would be a great project to reinforce a vocabulary lesson in any subject area.  Consider how you could incorporate this in your subject area.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to use this tool! Thanks Donna!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donna. Let me know when you get your school account approved. I'd like the students in my class to take a vocabulary word every few lessons and post a definition on this site. It looks like this site could be fun and helpful to students, but DEFINITELY could use a little "jazz" that I think my students could add!

    ReplyDelete